Spring Session $499 (Registration Open)
May 2: Tournament
June 13 tournament
Debate Club, which is now open to students in grades 3-11, will meet virtually in our easy to use online classrooms from 9:30-11:30 on the following Sundays (please note the move from Saturday to Sunday).
Debate Club helps participants (grades 3 and above) hone key speaking and debating skills.
By joining NYC Urban Debate League Club, debaters will improve the following:
- Public Speaking Skills & Confidence
- Critical Thinking & Analytical Reading Skills
- Research & Writing Skills
- Overall Debate Skills
Why Debate Club for my Child?
- Practice Public Speaking Skills in a fun environment. #1 Fear in America is public speaking! Public Speaking is essential for school, college, career, and community.
- College Preparedness. Study after study shows debate increases every Academic Skill (Reading, Writing, Researching, Critical Thinking, Listening) and every Academic Subject (Current Events, Philosophy, Civics, Political Science, Economics). Click here to learn more about the academic benefits of debate.
- Gain Confidence. “Hello, I am 12 years old, and I am a debater. When I got my first trophy it was amazing. I felt like a queen. That trophy was the first trophy I have ever gotten in my life. That trophy changed my life forever. I was nervous when I got it too. I just want to say thank you, thank you for everything. – Anissa P., 6th Grade, Great Debater. Read more student testimonials.
- Build Leadership Skills. “Maybe you could be a mayor or a senator or a Supreme Court justice, but you might not know that until you join the debate team.” – President Barack Obama. Click here to learn more about debaters throughout history.
- 21st Century Skills. “Competitive debate is one of the great equalizers of educational opportunity. In a number of respects, competitive urban debate is almost uniquely suited to building what’s been called the ‘Four C’s’ of 21st century skills—critical thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity. And to that list I might add a fifth ‘C’— for civic awareness and engagement.” – US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan, honoring our debaters in Washington D.C.
- Fun! Participate in fun, competitive, educational debate rounds every month!
- Community. The NYC Urban Debate League is like no other debate league in the nation. We build an incredible vertical community of adult debaters, alumni debaters, college debaters, high school debaters and middle school debaters who all work together. Learn more. Learn from Parents how we build an incredible community for students.
- Year Round Opportunities. In addition to our Fall and Spring Semester Debate Club, we also offer Summer Debate Programs. Learn more.
Winter Registration is now closed. We are accepting registration for the spring semester.
This form is currently closed for submissions.