This permission form covers your child’s participation in all 2022-2023 NYCUDL programming including, but not limited to all Tournaments, Workshops, Travel Team, Debate Club, Summer Debate Institutes and other NYCUDL events. To participate, please fill out and submit our student permission form below. If you have any questions regarding this form, please contact email@example.com. Thank you and we welcome you to the new debate season!
Student Code of Conduct
Student Code of Conduct
All school and District policies are in effect during NYCUDL debate season. Students must:
(1) Show courtesy and respect toward others and property at all times.
(2) Dress appropriately at all times.
(3) Use appropriate language.
Statement of Disciplinary Action
The following are examples of disciplinary action which may be taken in the event that the Code of Conduct, school policies, or district policies are not followed:
(1) Sent home immediately at his/her own expense.
(2) Referred to school administration.
Permission to participate in the New York City Urban Debate League (“NYCUDL”)
I do hereby consent that my child may participate in the stated activity, and in consideration for the NYCUDL giving its time and of such activity, do hereby personally on behalf of my child, absolve and release the NYCUDL, its agents and volunteers from any claim of mental, emotional or physical personal injuries which might be sustained by my child while participating in such activities, or while returning to his/her home and/or participating in online NYCUDL run events. I agree that I am fully responsible for my child during NYCUDL online events.
I hereby grant permission to the NYCUDL and/or persons contracted by the NYCUDL to capture and use my child’s name, portrait, picture, or voice, or likeness in print or electronically for publicity, educational, or any lawful and non-commercial purpose in connection with their participation in the NYCUDL for the 2021-2022 school year without compensation or any other consideration. I also grant permission to Made-By-Hand, LLC and its assigns to record and edit my child’s name, portrait, picture, voice, and media in connection with their participation in the NYCUDL for the 2021-2022 school year for the documentary project currently titled “Up for Debate” without limitations, in perpetuity, and in all media for publicity and reproduction and for a non-commercial purpose. I agree that such likeness, recording or material shall be the property of the NYCUDL and may be used by the NYCUDL, barring the recordings by Made-By-Hand, LLC and its assigns in which case, Made-By-Hand, LLC will retain ownership.
*Media consent is a requirement for participation in all NYCUDL activities. We apologize for any inconvenience. Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any specific questions or concerns.
I acknowledge that the NYCUDL aims to provide a positive learning experience for all participants via an advanced academic program for mature elementary, junior high and high school students. I agree to respect the rights and feelings of other NYCUDL students and staff. These rules are not meant to be exhaustive and the NYCUDL is not a “sanctuary” for conduct that violates state and/or federal law.
I acknowledge that the NYCUDL staff and volunteers are here to provide meaningful learning experiences and will not be distracted by students who are unable to engage responsibly with others. As a result, I understand that students who violate NYCUDL communal norms may be temporarily or permanently restricted from participating in an activity or activities. Remove students will not receive any refund of fees.
Rules of Conduct
1. Attendance at all classes is required if participating in a direct instructional program.
2. Although students are at home, they are expected to dress in a manner appropriate for an educational setting. Clothing will be deemed inappropriate if it is disturbing to other students or in any way interferes with the educational process. Students are prohibited from wearing clothing and accessories that: have slogans, comments or designs that are obscene, lewd or vulgar; advertise alcoholic beverages, tobacco products or illegal drugs; are directed against or intended to demean individuals based on sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, religion, etc. Students wearing clothing deemed inappropriate will be asked to change such clothing.
3. The password students are given to enter classrooms.debate.nyc are confidential and should never be shared with anyone
4. Any other technological location references to the room should not be shared with anyone.